UP Centennial Fellows
The University of the Philippines Centennial Fellows is a group of 12 Filipino intellectuals and academicians selected to deliver self-reflecting lectures centering on the University of the Philippines (UP) entitled, UP: The Insider's View. These lectures are part of the University of the Philippines Centennial Lecture Series and one of the major activities related to the Centennial celebration of the Philippines' premier institution of higher learning.
The 12 UP Centennial Fellows were chosen by a committee headed by UP President Emerlinda R. Roman. The members of the committee include UP Vice President for Academic Affairs Amelia P. Guevara, Ph.D.; UP Manila Chancellor Ramon L. Arcadio, M.D.; and UP College of Science Dean Cesar Saloma, Ph.D.
The committee used the following criteria in selecting the UP Centennial Fellows:
- deep commitment to scholarship
- achievements as distinguished individuals in their respective fields
- fidelity to the values of the University of the Philippines
- contributions to the growth and promotion of the University of the Philippines as a community of scholars
List of UP Centennial Fellows
The following UP intellectuals and academicians are the UP Centennial Fellows who will give their thoughts and insights on the University of the Philippines.
- Geminio H. Abad, Ph.D.
- Jose V. Abueva, Ph.D.
- Randolf S. David
- Emmanuel S. de Dios, Ph.D.
- Maria Serena I. Diokno, Ph.D.
- Ernesto Domingo, M.D.
- Cecilia Florencio, Ph.D.
- Jose Magpantay, Ph.D.
- Wilfredo David, Ph.D.
- Francisco Nemenzo, Ph.D.
- Ramon Santos, Ph.D.
- Edgardo D. Gomez, Ph.D.
- UP Centennial Fellows Named (Accessed on March 3, 2008)
- UP Centennial Lecture Series (Accessed on February 29, 2008)
- UP Centennial Lecture Series Schedule (Accessed on February 29, 2008)