SMX Convention Center
The SMX Convention Center is a three-storey, 46,547-square meter indoor facility. It is an integral part of the SM Mall of Asia Complex and one of the leading establishments of the Philippine Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) Industry. SMX is an ideal venue for international exhibitions, large-scale trade events, industry conventions, and corporate and social functions.
It has 4 exhibition halls, 5 function rooms, and 14 meeting rooms, with a total of 21,000 sqm of leasable space. SMX can accommodate a delegation of up to 18,000.
Its four purpose-built halls have flexible layouts to adapt to the individual requirements of events. The halls, with a total floor area of 9,130 sqm, may be combined if required by an event.
The halls have a ceiling clearance of 9 meters and floor load capacity of 250 lb/sq ft. They are ideal for multi-level booths or modules as well as heavy machinery.
Halls are equipped with air conditioning, lighting, telephone lines, Wi-FI and LAN connectivity, water supply and drainage system, floor utility boxes, back-up emergency power, and general public address system. They are also equipped with automated fire alarm system and CCTV security cameras to secure safety and security within the premises.
The five fully-carpeted function rooms, located on the second floor, have a total floor area of 7,100 sqm. The rooms, which can accommodate up to 8,200 guests, are ideal for corporate affairs, graduation ceremonies, product launches, and large-scale social events.
They have a ceiling clearance of 5.5 meters and floor load capacity of 100 pounds per square foot. Other than the amenities available in function halls, each function room has a dedicated kitchen and storage area for the food and beverage requirement of events. Each also has VIP restooms inside.
The meeting rooms are ideal for small-scale corporate and social functions, company board meetings, training seminars, and even break-out rooms for plenary sessions in the function rooms. When combined, they can accommodate up to 300 guests.
SMX also has a theater room for gatherings that require elevated seating.
The ground floor pre-function lobby has a total span of 900 sqm. It is equipped with the building’s Main Information Center. It has two concierge areas fronting Halls 2 and 3 which can be used as event registration areas. It also has VIP and Press lounges which serve as waiting areas for guests and media personalities.
Juvenal Sanso's Php 17 million mural, Tide of Fortune, can be found in this area. Sanso is a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Merit. The second floor pre-function lobby has a total floor area of 300 sqm. It is in itself a good venue for special events. It has floor to ceiling glass windows and a special LED lighting feature which make it a beautiful setting for corporate functions and social gatherings. It also has a concierge counter with three plasma screens for event announcement.
- Vice President/General Manager- Dexter Deyto
- Deputy General Manager- Mary Ann King
- Assistant Vice President for Events and Banquet- Marivic A. Marquez
- Director for Sales- Dennis Salvador
- Senior Sales Manager (Event Development)- Lea C. Alfonso
- Director for Events and Banquet- Mina G. Kahn
- Human Resources Manager- Maricel D. Omambac
- Facilities. The SMX Convention Center Website. Accessed on 26 March 2008.
- Home page of The SMX Convention Center Website. Accessed on 26 March 2008.
- SMX Brochure. In The SMX Convention Center Website. Accessed on 26 March 2008.
- “Overview”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).
- “Halls”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).
- “Function Rooms”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).
- “Meeting Rooms”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).
- “Pre-Function Lobbies”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).
- “Team”.SMX Convention Center.(Accessed on 26 March 2015).