Palanca Hall of Fame
The Palanca Hall of Fame was established in 1995 and is presented to a Palanca awardee who already won five first prizes in the regular categories.
The current Palanca Hall of Fame awardees are:
- Reuel Molina Aguila- He is an outstanding book and screenplay writer. His work "Ngunit Wala Akong Litrato Noong Nasa Kolehiyo Ako" won first prize in Sanaysay category at the 59th Carlos Palanca Awards for Literature.
- Eugene Evasco- He is one of the most awarded children's story writers. He won the first prize for his poem entitled "May Tiyanak sa Loob ng Aking Bag" at the 59th Carlos Palanca Awards for Literature.
- Nicolas B. Pichay- A talented lawyer who gained a number of awards and recognition as a playwright and poet. He was proclaimed as the 20th Palanca Hall of Fame awardee after winning his fifth first prize with his Filipino full-length play entitled, "Tres Ataques de Corazon".
- Rodolfo Lana Jr.- The youngest Palanca Hall of Famer. He has won a number of best screenplay trophies from FAMAS, Metro Manila Film Festival, Star, Guillermo awards, and perhaps one his more prestigious award is the Best Screenplay Award from the 1998 Brussels International Film Festival.
- Luis P. Gatmaitan, M.D.- A Filipino medical doctor and children's author. His medical career has been cited as one of HealthToday Philippines Magazine 's Ten Pillars of the Philippine Health Care Industry.
- Manuel R. Buising- A multi-awarded playwright, fictionist and komiks writer.He was the official screenplay writer of Fernando Poe Jr. from 1990 until the actor died in 2005.
- Isagani R. Cruz- A multi-awarded and prolific poet, playwright, short-story writer, critic, educator, publisher, advocate, and Filipino.
- Reynaldo A. Duque- A multilingual Ilokano writer (he writes in Iloko, Filipino, and English), is the former editor-in-chief of Liwayway magazine, the leading Filipino (Tagalog) weekly magazine in the Philippines. He is a fictionist, novelist, poet, playwright, radio/TV/movie scriptwriter, editor, and translator.
- Leoncio P. Deriada- A multi-lingual writer having produced works in English, Filipino, Hiligaynon, Kinaray-a and Cebuano. His thirteen Palanca awards include works in English, Filipino and Hiligaynon.
- Alfred A. Yuson- Has authored 19 books, including novels, poetry collections, short fiction, essays, and children's stories, apart from having edited various other titles--all without the benefit of a professional editor. His mastery of language has been described as ‘heraldic' and having the ‘power to transform'.
- Roberto T. Añonuevo- A Filipino poet and author of various award-winning anthologies.
- Jose Y. Dalisay Jr.- Has been awarded the TOYM award in 1993 for his skills in creative writing. Currently a teacher in the University of the Philippines teaching English and creative writing. He entered the Palanca Hall of Fame in 2000 with 16 awards.
- Edgardo B. Maranan- Filipino poet-fictionist-essayist-playwright, was inducted in the Palanca Hall of Fame in the year 2000.He is an accomplished playwright and fiction writer in Filipino while he writes excellent poetry in both English and Filipino.
- Elsa Martinez Coscolluela- An award-winning Filipina poet, short-story writer, and playwright
- Ma. Luisa Aguilar Igloria- A Filipina poet and author of various award-winning anthologies.
- Cirilo Bautista- A multi-awarded Filipino poet, fictionist, critic and writer of nonfiction.
- Gregorio C. Brillantes- A multi-awarded fictionist, is one of the Philippines' most popular writers in English. Known for his sophisticated and elegant style, he has been compared to James Joyce.
- Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo- A professor at the Center for Southeast Asian Studies at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She is the coordinator for the Department of Hawaiian and Indo-Pacific languages and literatures as well as the Filipino and Philippine Literature Program.
- Buenaventura S. Medina Jr.- A Filipino author of more than twenty-five books -- mostly novels and books on criticism.
- Jesus T. Peralta- A painter, photographer, graphic artist poet, social scientist, essayist, and is also one of the prizewinning playwrights in the Philippines.
- Rolando Tinio- A Filipino male poet, dramatist, theatre director|director, actor, critic, essayist and educator.
- Rene Villanueva- Known in the literary world for his plays, which more often than not won first prizes in literature.
(to access the knowledge database on the Palanca Awardees, click Palanca Awards)